• Distance : 4,3 km

  • Walking time : 1h15

  • Altitudes : lowest point 820 m ; highest point 1012 m

  • Elevation : gain 189 m ; drop 218 m


Charmey – Cerniat – Les Utsets – Crésuz

From Charmey, the trail drops toward Javroz, crossing the river and  the narrow Golette gorge, before quickly resuming the climb to Cerniat. At the road, the route wanes left and passes by Saint-François d’Assise church. The route then joins a small road on the right and climbs toward Utsets. It then crosses a small valley and stream tumbling from Mont Bife, before arriving at Les Planches, a berm with a panoramic view of the Jogne and Javroz valleys. From this neighborhood of chalets, an old path leads down to Crésuz village.




La Tzintre Alpine Cheese Cellar

Ripening cellar for Fribourg Alpine Gruyère AOP and Vacherin fribourgeois AOP. Built in 2012, this modern and functional ripening cellar is shared by the 34 members of the Fribourg Alpine Cheese Producers Cooperative. It can hold up to 6,000 wheels of Gruyère AOP and 1500 of Vacherin Fribourgeois AOP. The cellar offers the right maturing environment for as much as 120 tonnes of Gruyère and 30 tonnes of Vacherin AOP. Thanks to this facility, Fribourg’s alpine cheesemakers can be sure that their products receive the attention and care they deserve.

Between the months of May and October, the Alpine cheese producers of Fribourg can be found making Alpine Gruyère AOP and Alpine Vacherin fribourgeois AOP. Once a day, the milk is poured into huge copper vats and heated over a wood fire, an age-old tradition that has been passed down from generation to generation. The resulting wheels are then transferred from the mountain dairy to the La Tzintre cellar, where they are left to slowly mature and develop the full-bodied, unique taste that is so admired by cheese lovers and connoisseurs.


Village of Crésuz

This community is located on the slopes above Montslavens Lake, with an unobstructed view from its some 910 meters elevation. In the 17th century the village was completely destroyed by a fire. In 1667, the vicarage was the only building that escaped the flames. The Saint-Francois of Assisi Church was one of the first buildings rebuilt after the fire. It was constructed in late baroque style which is still visible today in the two interesting lateral altars found inside. The name Crésuz is from the latin cresta, meaning crest or hill. Today the municipality benefits from the development of regional tourism. Homes have sprung up in residential neighborhoods attracting population from the city of Bulle, not to mention a number of secondary residences.


Accommodation and dining facilities

The Park offers a list of agritourism accommodations that includes alternative accommodation, food and cheese-making demonstrations in the Park. Alternative accommodation includes chalets, refuges, B&Bs and guest rooms.

Public transport

Information and timetable: www.sbb.ch – Rail Service 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min.)

Charmey : bus TPF (line 260 Bulle – Jaun and line 245 Fribourg - Jaun). Stop Charmey, village

Crésuz : bus TPF (line 290 Cerniat – La Valsainte). Stop Crésuz, village



Place du Village 6 
1660 Château-d'Œx
+41 (0) 26 924 76 93

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


+41 (0) 848 110 888

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


 Avec le soutien de l'Office fédéral de l'environnement (OFEV) ainsi que des cantons de Berne, Fribourg et Vaud